Saturday, December 1, 2007

First Blog

I finished college at a BS Computer Science. Looked for a job, got a job at Keane, and stead had a job at Keane and liked my life. I purchase a house, new cars and more. Married my smart, beauty, funny, reading, businesswoman and all there the all the best that I needed. Lori had a business, The Bee Folks. Lori and I needed space, bought a bigger house and office. Also, the house has a pool, land and deer. Jeanie, sister-in-law, like me, and wanted a party birthday at July 4. So, I cleaned the pool and all needed those setups. At the ending to cleaning in the kitchen and moved boxes in the attic. It was too tired, dropped stuff, so, I went to bed. Lori, wake up and ask, “Are you did?” Is said, “Yes, muffff”. Lori said, “A you Ok? I said, “Yes, muffff”. Lori said, “…..” I couldn’t hear what she said. Lori drives me to the hospital. When I was there, in a wheelchair, I went to sleep.

I found that I had a stroke. The left brain has a little dead area, at little part Wernicke area that language skills, like hear, talk, read and write. Math is worked well enough, but sentence questions did not work. At the first time, I can't hear words, can't talk, can't read or write. A stoke has a name, Aphasia.

I thought that I could be better about a month. After 2 week, I need more time, 3 months. Again, I think needs after 3 months and again and again…. Now, its 2 years and 5 months, I am better, but I need more. With time for 2 years, I back for writing and return back college for another 2 years. Since had a class one or two each year, I keep new ideas computers or other IT.


After 2 years, 5 months at a stroke as aphasia, I learn. Lori and I had a baby, Rowan. She is talking too. Lucky, I’ll catch ahead.

4 comments:

The Bee Folks - Lori Titus said...

Hi, Dave! Love your post. Love you, too! But then again, I'm a bit biased, since I'm your wife. Thanks for posting!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the blog world. I hope you'll find blogging as therapeutic as I have.

bihtbj said...

Hi Dave!
I just read your blog.
I am a graduate student getting my Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology. This semester I am working with several clients who also have aphasia and I see first hand how difficult it is for them to communicate their thoughts and ideas.
I just wanted to let you know what a great job you did and how much I enjoyed your writing.
Keep up the good work!!

Unknown said...

Hi Dave,
Wow - I am so impressed by your blog. My husband had a stroke on 12/31/05 and also has aphasia. He has a blog too, but since he was a photographer and film maker, he uses images to express himself more than words. The words are much harder for him. Keep blogging and working hard on your recovery. You are an inspiration to us.